I’ve purchased a number of career planning types of books that I haven’t had a chance to read yet. I have other career books that I’d like to read again – they’re that good!
And now that our career team at work has decided to share monthly book reviews on career-related books, this is an excellent opportunity for me to organize my current book collection and get started with reading them (again in some cases).
The list of these career-related books is below in the order that I’ll likely read them. Each book is linked to their Amazon.com page so you can get more information if you’d like. Most, if not all, of these books came highly recommended to me and should be available at your local library.
- New Job, New You: A Guide to Reinventing Yourself in a Bright New Career by Alexandra Levit
- Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life by Dr. Spencer Johnson
- Complete Job-Search Handbook: Third Edition: Everything You Need To Know To Get The Job You Really Want by Howard Figler, Ph.D.
- Coming Alive From Nine to Five in a 24/7 World : A Career Search Handbook for the 21st Century by Michelozzi, Surrell & Cobez
- The Career Fitness Program: Exercising Your Options (9th Edition) by Sukiennik, Bendat & Raufman
- The About.Com Guide To Job Searching: Tools and Tactics to Help You Get the Job You Want (About.Com Guides) by Allison Doyle
- Now What?: The Young Person’s Guide to Choosing the Perfect Career by Nicholas Lore with Anthony Spadafore
- I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was: How to Discover What You Really Want and How to Get It by Barbara Sher with Barbara Smith
- Teen’s Guide To College And Career Planning: Your High School Roadmap for College & Career Success by Peterson’s
- Now, Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham & Donald O. Clifton, Ph.D.
- What Should I Do with My Life?: The True Story of People Who Answered the Ultimate Question by Po Bronson
- Luck is No Accident: Making the Most of Happenstance in Your Life and Career by John d. Krumbolts and Al S. Levin
- Dancing Naked: Breaking Through the Emotional Limits That Keep You from the Job You Want by Robert C. Chope
- The Pathfinder: How to Choose or Change Your Career for a Lifetime of Satisfaction and Success by Nicholas Lore
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2011: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers by Richard Nelson Bolles